HEAR THE WORDS. SEE THE LETTERS. CONNECT THE DOTS.
The Perkins SMART Brailler® is the evolution of the Perkins Brailler® from a low-technology, beloved classic to a high-technology learning and teaching tool. It offers a new, more intuitive way for individuals, both sighted and blind, to communicate, teach and learn braille together. Now teachers can see what their students are brailling, sighted parents can help their visually impaired children with homework and students can take the lead in their own braille education. Sighted or blind, we can all share the learning experience!
- Video screen displays SimBraille and print while audio feedback speaks the letters and words in real-time as they are being brailled for an instantaneous, multi-sensory learning experience.
- USB port enables saving and transferring files to another device.
- Text-to-speech from acapela group
- Headphone jack and volume control
- Operates as a mechanical brailler for extended use
- Rechargeable and removable battery